JuMP MAKE-vember CAMP (Maker track)
School is out and very soon boredom kicks in. Get your young ones to experience a world of making, creativity and fun, as they gain interactive, hands-on experience related to STEM. Like what it says - MAKE-vember Camp celebrates the joy of making in the month of November. It hopes to foster the DIY (do-it-yourself) spirit as the resourcefulness and resilience of each participant is tested. We want to inspire kids to design and make creative projects, and in the process, learn new ways of solving problems, sharing ideas and collaborating with others. We believe that once they begin doing things, they meet others who share their interests and they can collaborate to work on projects together.
This year's 2-day STEM-centric maker camp is specially designed for children age 10-12 years to help them gain confidence in using tools to make useful items for their project. Themed under the Maker track, they will be given an open design challenge to create interactive experiential machines over the course of the two days.
* Introduction to experiential design
* Practising using hand and power tools
* Experiment with building your own experiential machine (e.g. Rube Golberg machine, spirograph, etc)
* Learn to design for digital fabrication e.g. making laser cut parts or 3D printer.
* Build your own wind-powered paper robot
* Assemble your own laser cut parts
* Design an interactive installation for the public
* Learn to embed simple electronic circuits to the installation
* Putting all together and make the actual installation to be used by the public
* Gallery Walk and feedback session
Here are some examples of experiential machines below:
Lunch and tea break refreshments will be provided.
JU.M.P (Junior Maker Program) is OneMaker Group's signature young maker programme that targets children age 6-12 with the purpose of nurturing a new generation of hands-on digital creatives, budding makers, entrepreneurs and innovators. This is done by conditioning the mindset of children that they: i) have the growth mindset to learn to do almost anything, ii) uphold a high standard of craftsmanship, iii) is open to sharing what they learn with others and iv) to mutually respect their peers regardless of circumstances.